Top 10 best dirt bikes for kids 2019
- If you really want to surprise your kid on his next birthday then you must consider to gift him a dirt bike and not just a dirt bike but an electric dirt bike. A dirt bike will allow your kid to get entertained outside and will make them explore the neighborhood.
- Purchasing anything which concerns the safety of the kids is always a difficult task for the parents. For example, the dirt bikes for kids come up with pretty good safety options but still, the parents’ need to their own inspection before giving it to their kids.
- To help the parents how to purchase the best dirt bike for kids, I bring this article for them which has been written on my personal experience. I am a professional dirt biker which inspired my little kid to ride the bike like him.
- Motorbikes for toddlers
- Dirt bikes for 6 and under
- Dirt bikes for 7 to 9-Year-Olds
- Dirt bikes for 10-Year-Olds and above.
How to buy dirt bikes for kids?
Safety is not the only concern which you think about when you are buying the dirt bike for your kid. The market is full of a lot of options. You will get confused when you see different brand names, the features, mobility, speed, specifications of dirt bikes and maintenance cost etc.
- If you have purchased a motorbike for yourself then it should not be very hard to buy one for your little but if you have no experience regarding this, then you should follow the following buying guide by me.
Price: The dirt bikes for kids come in different prices. You do not need to spend a lot if you are purchasing the bike for your kids under 6 as the size of such motorbikes are small which means that your kid will not able to enjoy the ride once he reached to a specific height.
- It is better to save for later. So, always go with the reasonable and cheap motorbikes for little kids and save money for the professional dirt bike when they turn above 12 years old. Follow this smart rule: beginners with cheaper bikes and teen with advance and quality bikes.
Size: Here size does not mean the height only but also the width, strength, and length of the bike. Usually, parents purchase the bike on the basis of height where the kids feel uncomfortable due to the bigger width and heavy weight of the bike etc. The bike should suit the weight, height, and strength of the kids.
Specifications: Look for the things like stroke, engine type, safety brakes, and size of wheels, gearbox, dimensions, body type and colors. This will helps you to choose best.
Kids Dirt Bikes
You may sacrifice one specification to get other as the kid’s dirt bikes come up with the limited features and specs but do not ignore the most important one which should be related to the safety of your kid.
Safety: Safety is not just about front and back brake but it should include other things too like do your kids need training wheels? Does the dirt bike have the strong frame?
- The construction material of dirt bike and much more. The weight and height of the bike also come in the safety zone. Consider all of them to pick one for your little kid.
Battery timing: You need to concern about the battery timing only if you are buying an electric dirt bike for your kids. The maximum battery time of a dirt bike is no more than 50-60 minutes.
- The lengthiest is always better but the companies charge more for the better time. Also, consider the charging time for the better because the motorbike who can be ridden for 60 minutes continuously may take up to 12 hours to charge.
Speed: The connection of speed is attached with the abilities and age of the kids. The younger the kids, the slower dirt bike are better for them. Today there are dirt bikes available in the market for kids which have options for parents to set a limit for the kids as per their safety point of view.
- So, it is up to the parents that how fast they allow their kids to ride the bike. It is always wise that with the passage of time, the parents should upgrade the motorbike of their kids with better speed as this will increase confidence in them.
Electric vs. Gas: The dirt bikes come in both options; electric and gas. The electric dirt bikes are more famous for the kids because they do not require kicking to start while they are cheaper as there is no cost of gas and oiling.
- For teens and kids above 12, the gas bikes are better options as the gas bikes come up with better speed, mobility and have advanced features which help the kids to understand when they finally start riding the professional dirt bikes.
Best for 6 and Under
Go with the cheaper and electric dirt bike for kids who are 6 years old or under 6. The safety should be your first priority. If your kid never has a bike before then buy the one which has training wheels. This will help your kid learn how to ride a bike.
1 – Electric Dirt Bike by MotoTec Features Variable Twist-Grip, Padded Seat, Adjustable Handlebars and Safety Brakes, Orange
Great design, color scheme, and affordable price make this dirt bike a perfect gift for your 6-year-old. By design, it may look like a professional dirt bike which you see in the gaming zone but this isn’t as its height is suitable for the 6 year kids.
The company MotoTec has made very limited additions for the kids but all of them are professionally made with really good material and this bike is one of them which have been recently launched by the company.
While the bike has been made for the little kids but there are all the features included which we usually see in the dirt bikes for the teens. The company has included all aspects of safety in it by adding the speed adjuster controller for the parents.
dirt bikes for 12 year olds for sale
Design: By design, this dirt bike for kids does not look any less than a professional dirt bike. It is available in one color with black and orange shade where cool graphics stickers have enhanced its overall look. The powerful tires and their shape is the main attraction of this bike.
- It is a tough and rugged bike which means that it will last for years. The total dimension of this bike is 32 x 49 inches. By design, it may look ideal for a 12 year old kid but it is ideal for the kids under 7.
Assemblage: There isn’t any assemblage required to ride this bike. It’s come up in the ready to go condition. The only thing you need to do before take the first ride is to charge it completely.
Speed and battery: This bike comes with three selectable speeds options with key lock. So there are three different maximum speed limits but the maximum speed which can get through this motorbike is 16 miles per hour.
- On other options, it can go as high as 5 and 10 miles per hour. The total charging time of the battery is about 6 hours which allow your kid to ride this bike up to 50 minutes.
Safety: The company knows very well that they are designing this bike for kids under 7, that’s why they have included all the safety options in it.
- The parents can set the speed limit and lock it by the key. The bike can be ride easily as it has the really good grip on the tire where handles are wide enough to get the comfortable ride.
Electric Dirt Bike by MotoTec Features
- Adjustable handlebars and padded seats
- This bike also features variable twist grip
- The parents have full control over the speed
- Safety brakes are included for kids safety
- Constructed of durable material
- Short battery timing
2 – Best Choice Products 6V Electric Kids Ride On Motorcycle Dirt Bike W/ Training Wheels- Green
This is a non-kick start dirt bike which has been specially designed and developed for the kids under 10. There is no assistant required to learn how to ride this bike as it comes up with on and off button options and two extra supporting wheels.
It is ideal dirt bike for kids to learn that how to ride a bike. That’s why most parents purchase and gift this motorbike as the first bike to their kids. As per the company claim, this bike is ideal for the kids from 2 years to 7 years.
It has been made with good material, so if your kid has moderate weight then he can also play with bike till 10 by removing the supporting wheels.
dirt bikes for 7 year olds
Design: It is a good looking mini dirt bike for kids under 7 which has been made from a really hard plastic. Even the tires of this bike are made from the powerful plastic instead of rubber. Due to the quality of material, the price of this bike is very low.
- The bike design has been inspired from the real dirt bike and sports bike’s design. The total dimension of this motorbike for kids is 20 inches width, 41 inches length, and 28 inches height. The total weight capacity of this bike is only 44 lbs which means that any kids above 3 and less than 7-8 years old.
Assemblage: The bike does not come as ready to use. You need to assemble it properly before you make it ready to ride. It takes total 7 steps to assemble this bike. But you don’t need to be worried about how to assemble a dirt bike because it comes up with complete user manual.
- For assembly, all the tools and construction material has been provided in the product box. Due to some complexity, the only adult can assemble this motorbike which does not take more than 10-20 minutes.
Speed and battery: As this dirt bike is designed for the kids under 7 and over 3, that’s why the speed of this motorbike is not very fast. The maximum speed of this motorbike is only 3 KM per hour or 2 Miles per hour.
- The battery of this product has been fully charged in 4-6 hours. You may need to charge it the bit extra at the start when your kids use it for the very first time. The battery can be last up to 1 hour on continuous use which means that this motorbike is totally fun.
Safety: As this bike is designed for the beginner, that’s why the company has installed the training wheels in it which makes this bike 100% for the kids.
- The training wheel gives really good balance which allows your kids to enjoy the ride without worrying about an accident. You can remove the training wheels once you feel that your kids know how to balance the bike.
6V Electric Kids Ride On Motorcycle Dirt Bike
- This bike comes up with training wheels
- Excellent color scheme and design
- The battery can be last up to 1 hour
- No kicking required starting the bike
- Built in music and headliner installed.
- The construction material is not very good
- Very basic dirt bike for kids.
3 – Aosom 6V Kids Ride On Electric Motocross Dirt Bike – Red
This is a quite new dirt bike for little kid, that’s why there aren’t enough reviews by the users available. I will be not wrong if I say that it is the latest dirt bike with an excellent feature is available in the market for the little kids. By price, it is indeed a cheap motorbike for the kids but by features, it has all those things which parents need to ensure the safety of their kids.
Dirt Bike For Little kid
This is a basic bike which means that no kicking required only on and off button can make it ready to ride. By speed, it can go as fast as 1.5 miles per hour where the kids up to 55 lbs can easily enjoy the ride on this bike.
Design: This bike has been designed for kids under 6 due to which it has been constructed with plastic but doesn’t worry as it is not constructed with regular plastic but tough and durable plastic only.
- This allows you to use this bike for years. By design, it is an excellent choice as a gift but sadly it is available in single design only.
The major part of this bike has been covered with black and red color where the cool graphics make it to looks like a professional dirt bike. This bike also has training wheels which can be removed once your kid starts learning how to balance the bike during the ride.
how to ride the dirt bike
Assemblage: The parents required to assemble this bike before making it ready to use. This bike comes in different parts but doesn’t worry because it has a complete instruction document in the box. Make sure that you have assembled it correctly and tight the nuts because you give it to your kids.
Speed and battery time: There is 6 volt battery in this motorbike which takes up to 7 hours to fully charge. Once the battery is charged, the kids can ride it continuously for up to 45 minutes.
- The maximum speed which can get with this bike is 2.5 miles per hour. For the very first time, this bike required to charge up to 10 hours. This will enhance the life of the battery.
Safety: This bike is ideal for the little kids as low as 2 years because this bike also has the training wheels. The bike range is from 2 to 7 years or the kids up to 55 lbs. There isn’t much training or safety required for your kids when they are riding this bike because it has everything which gives a secure ride to your kids.
- It is an ideal bike to teach your kids how to ride the dirt bike. Before you gift an advance dirt bike to your kid, give them this bike as it will help them to learn the biking easily.
Aosom 6V Kids Ride On Electric Moped Scooter
- This bike has training wheels
- Made of tough and durable plastic
- The total weight is only 17.6 lbs
- The price is very affordable
- Not much maintenance required.
- Very slow speed (only 2.5 mph)
- Limited reviews available.
4 – Kuberg 2017 Start, Electric Motorcycle, Black, 15/17
WOW, what a design! This was my first feeling when I have seen this little dirt bike which has been designed for the little bikers. Usually, the motorbikes who has been designed for the kids under 7 comes up with a very standard design but this motorbike looks extra cool due to its design.
This bike has almost the similar features and functions like other bikes but due to its design, it very expensive. I believe that this is the only dirt bike for kids whose market price is more than one thousand dollars.
But if you want to gift something extraordinary to your kids then the price should not be the issue for you. As the bike is still new that’s why there is no review of this bike is available online.
Best Dirt Bike List For Kids 2019
Design: The design of this bike is the only reason which makes me add this bike to this list otherwise I am not a person who supports such expensive gifts for the kids. The design of this bike is not inspired by the professional dirt bike per expensive dirt bike.
- The reason behind the high price of this dirt bike is its design and construction material which guaranteed you that it can be last for the years if properly maintained.
Assemblage: There isn’t any assemblage required to ride this bike. This electronic bike comes up in the ready to use condition. Simply un-box it, charge it and enjoy the ride.
Speed and battery time: While this bike has been designed for the kids from 3 to 5 years but still it can give really pretty good speed. The maximum speed of this bike is 15 miles per hours. As per the speed limit, you can easily say that this bike has been designed for those kids who want to take the dirt biking seriously. Once the better has fully charged, this bike can be the ride for 1 hour maximum at 15 mph speed.
Safety: This is one of the faster bikes on our best dirt bike list for kids under 5 but still it comes up with the safety features. In the start, the parents need to give full training to their kids but later your kid can enjoy the ride alone.
- There is speed controller which allows parents to set the speed limits. This speed limit can be increased and decrease as per wishes to match the kid’s ability. Instead of upgrading the bike, you have the option to increase the speed limit
Kuberg Cross X-Force Pro 50 Sports Scooter Motor, Black
- The battery last more than 1 hour
- Good height to provide safety
- The parent can control speed with the Wi-Fi connection
- It is made of high-quality steel.
- The price of this bike is very high.
Best for Motor Bikes For Teens.
5 – Razor MX500 Dirt Rocket Electric Motocross Bike
This is an advanced dirt bike which has been designed and developed for the growing kid to improve their bike riding skills. The design is not the only thing which makes it a popular motorbike for kids but also the affordable price.
That’s why it is one of the most selling kid’s dirt bike on Amazon. By its price, it is ideal to give as a birthday gift to your kid. This dirt bike has almost everything like twist grip throttle acceleration control, adjustable riser handlebars and hand operated read brake. It does also have the high torque motor with variable speed chain drive.
dirt bikes for 12 year olds
Design: If you take a close look at this motorbike, you will found that it has been inspired from the professional dirt bike design. The addition of really nice red, black and white color made it look very cool where the extra graphics stickers made it no less than any professional dirt bike.
- It is an electric motorbike which has been constructed with the steel but still, it has been classified as a lightweight dirt bike for kids. Some accessories of this bike have been made from the plastic. Usually, the dirt bike made from the steel cost very high but this bike has a very affordable market price.
Assemblage: The electric bikes do not really require any assemblage before use and this is one of those motorbikes. The company market this bike as ready to use but there is still some assembly required but the assembly is only associated with the accessories of the bike.
- This means that you can ride this bike without any assembly work. This bike required to fully charge when it has been used for very first time.
Speed and battery time: Usually the kid dirt bike comes up with very limited features, speed, and battery timing, but this bike has all of them. Yes, you can ride this bike as fast as 17 miles per hour where the charging time of this bike is only 12 hours which allow your kids to enjoy the 40 minutes rides.
Safety: This is an advanced dirt bike which has been designed for those kids only who know that how to balance the bike and how to ride it properly. It could be very fast for the kids under 12. So parents should be aware that they should give their kids first practice on the basic dirt bike before gifting this bike to them.
- If you are a dirt biking parent then you could buy this bike for your growing kid as you must be aware that how to train your kids. At least the kids must have 1 year experience of biking or cycling before they take the ride on this bike to keep them safe.
Razor MX500 Dirt Rocket Electric Motocross Bike
- No assembly required and easy to maintain
- High torque motor with variable speed options
- Double crown fork and twist grip throttle control
- The battery can be last up to 40 minutes
- Ride this bike as fast as 17 miles per hour.
- Not for very young kids
6 – Dirt bike 70cc Semi-Automatic
This is a true dirt bike for the teens as its design is inspired by the original dirt bike where it has many specifications like it with slightly different features. The company is selling this bike in two different cool designs which are mostly different from each other on the basis of color schemes and cool graphic stickers.
This motorbike has been designed for the teen that’s why it can bear up to 50 KG or 100 lbs of weight. The kids who are overweight can also enjoy the ride on this bike easily due to its powerful body, height, and weight. It can go as far as 55 KM per hour.
dirt bikes for 13 year olds
Design: There are very few dirt bikes for teens available whose design is inspired by the professional motorbike or you can say that there are very few replicas of motorbikes available for kids. This is an ideal design for the kids who are crazy about biking and want to continue their passion when they become adults.
- It has been made from a solid material which makes it very easy for you to clean where it can last for years if it has been maintained properly.
Assemblage: Usually the eclectic motorbikes do not require any assemblage but this motorbike required a bit of it. When you unbox it, you need to assemble handlebar and tires. The toolkit for assemblage is also included in the price.
Speed and Battery time: There is no battery in this bike as you required adding gas/oil in it to bring it in the running position. The motorbike is very fast. One can enjoy up to 55KM per hour which makes it the faster dirt bike for kids on our list.
- Due to oil changing option, the motorbike required more maintenance as compared to other. The maximum power of this bike is 4.0kW/8,500r/min.
Safety: As this is a professional dirt bike for kids, which means that it is only given to the kids if they already experience with other motorbikes and know how to balance. There are many nuts on this bike, so make sure to tight them and regularly check them on daily basis before taking the ride.
- As per the company advice, this bike is designed for the kids above 13. Follow the safety instruction to protect your teen from an accident.
Dirt bike 70cc Semi Automatic
- The 4 stroke engine motorbike
- The 4.0W torque which enhances ride
- Maximum speed is 55KM per hour
- Excellent design with great features
- 70CC and air-cooled engineering.
- Limited stock available.
7 – Razor Pocket Rocket Miniature Electric Bike
This is not a true kid’s dirt bike but still putting in the list due to its excellent features and it is an all round bike which can be used in pavement, garden and country paths. By size, it may not look suitable for the teen but it has enough power and strength for the teen.
By speed, it can go up to 12 miles per house. You cannot get such fast speed on such a low price dirt bike. Due to its size, this bike is also very safe for the kids as the kid won’t be hurt if he dropped from the bike.
Design: The design of this bike is more inspired by the sports bike rather dirt bike. The height of this bike is not very good but still, the teenage could manage to sit and enjoy the ride easily. The bike is available in two colors; red and blue at the same price. 36 x 20 x 21 inches is the total dimensions of the bike.
- The width is bit small due to safety bars. While the bike looks small in size but by weight is 42 lbs and have the capacity to bear weight up to 170 pounds easily.
Assemblage: The bike required lot of assemblage. On average it may take up to 20-30 minutes to make it ready for the ride. Before your kid ride it, make sure that it has been charged up to 6 hours for very first time. The user manual comes up with the complete toolkit to assemble the bike.
Speed and battery time: One can get up to 12 miles per hour speed on this bike where the battery charging time is about 12 hours.
- Once the battery is fully charged, it can be ride from 30 to 60 minutes which depends on the speed mainly. The Razor Pocket Roket bike has a 24V battery and splits that over two 12V acid sealed batteries.
Safety: This bike featured many things for the safety of the kids which include the back brake adjuster, twist grips and single speed option for the throttle. The adjustable back brake on the left hand side allows the kids to control the bike easily while they are enjoying the ride.
Razor Pocket Rocket Miniature Electric Bike
- Get smooth ride due to 10 inch pneumatic tires
- Chain driven motor with the variable speed option
- Fast charging time (only 4 to 6 hours)
- The bike has a single speed and twists grip
- Maximum capacity of 170 pounds weight.
- Not a very impressive design
- High price as compare to others.
8 – Monster Moto MM-B80-BR Classic Gas Mini Bike -Assembled in the USA (80CC 2.5HP Black/Red)
This gas dirt bike for kids has been made by popular bikes company called Monster Moto which is based in the USA. This bike has been manufactured in Dallas USA and complaints about the rules and regulation.
There are very few gas dirt bikes available for kids because companies need special permission before selling them to the kids as they are very fast in the speed work almost same as a professional motorbike. This bike has been ideal for 12 years old and required a proper training before you give a gift it to your kid.
As this is a gas bike, which means that it’s required extra maintenance but do not worry as it is fairly easy as long as you do not let the oil run oil before topping up.
Mini Dirt Bike
Design: The design of this bike is more inspired by the standard bike design with excellent heavy wheels. It has been constructed with the mixture of different material like steel and tough plastic etc.
- All of these are durable which allow your kid to enjoy the ride even in the raining and wet roads without worrying about the body. There isn’t much use of stickers except one big sticker has been placed on the front of the bike which gives a cool look to this gas dirt bike. It is a lightweight bike as its total weight is only 78 pounds.
Assemblage: The MMB80 Gas Youth Mini Dirt Bike is easy to assemble. It should not take more than 15 minutes to assemble it properly as you only need to assemble the accessories. The gas related stuff comes as ready to use. All you need to full the tank with gas and kick to take the first ride.
Speed and battery time: There is no battery on this bike because it is a gas/oil based dirt bike. The max speed of this bike is 23 miles per hour. It is an 80cc bike which comes up with the 2.5 HP four stroke heavy duty overhead valve gas engine.
Safety: The safety should be the main concern of the parents when they are purchasing this dirt bike for their little kids. It is not a first timer motorbike. Your kid must complete the training or have the experience to balance the motorbike.
- For safety, the company has included the brakes and adjustable which can be used in the situation to protect the bike and body from an accident. It is ideally designed for the kids who are above 12 years but as per the recent customer reviews; their younger kids are also using this bike.
Monster Moto MM-B80-BR Classic Gas Mini Bike (80CC )
- Affordable price as compare to features
- Available in two different colors and CCs
- 2.5 HP four stroke heavy-duty gas engine
- Gusset reinforced welded tube Steel frame
- Rear disc brake and adjustable handlebars.
- Not for the first timers
- Due to gas engine its required maintenance.
9 – Razor MX350 Dirt Rocket Electric Motocross Bike
This electric dirt bike is not just very professional looking but it is also very light in weight. It is available in four different colors. You have options to choose the color from four; red, black, blue and pink. The red and pink color is probably for girls.
It is an excellent motorbike which can speeds up to 14 miles per hour and has a powerful battery. The bike comes up with 90 days warranty in which all type of damages will be paid by the company. This bike is ideal for teens because of its height but the younger kids can also ride this bike which depends on their development rate.
Design: This is a very light looking motorbike which is available in different colors. It has been constructed with a very high quality of material which is also durable. Majority of the bike has been constructed with steel but there is the use of tough plastic too.
- The main features of this bike are its adjustable rise handlebars and double crown fork which does not only provide the safety but also enhance the look of the bike. The company has added very cool graphic stickers on the different parts of the bike which looks very good and inspired by the professional dirt bike designs.
Assemblage: There is some assemblage required to bring this bike in operation. The parents can easily assemble it with the help of manual comes up with the bike and the bag of tools. The tools which you will find in the bag are a wrench, Allen wrench, however and spoke tightener etc.
- Make sure that you have tightened all the nuts properly including handlebars as it could cause a crash. The tires could be easily fixed with the help of PSI checker etc.
Speed and better time: This bike has the 24V (two 12V) sealed lead acid battery whose charging time is 12 hours which allow the rider to enjoy the ride up to 10 miles with the single charge. The bike has the variable speed options but on the highest speed, this bike could be sped up to 12 miles per hour.
- Once the battery is fully charged, it can ride up to 30-40 minutes consciously, which is totally depends on the speed.
Safety: This bike has been made under the strict safety standards but still as a parent you should make sure that you have done the assemblage work properly and you train, kids, before you gift this bike to them.
Razor MX350 Dirt Rocket Electric Motocross Bike
- Available in different colors
- Very affordable price as compare to others
- Large knobby tires and powerful battery
- 90 days warranty on all parts of the bike
- Speeds up to 14mph after fully charged.
- The sound is very loud
Best Electric Dirt Bike for Kids Aged 12 Years Old +
10 – Razor MX650 17 MPH Steel Electric Dirt Rocket Motor Bike for Kids
This electronic dirt bike is available in two different colors (black and red), can speeds up to 17 miles per hour and required minimum maintenance. It has been build with really strong material which allows even the adults to ride it safely but ideally, this electronic dirt bike has been made for the kids under 15 years.
Due to its excellent construction material and good height, the price of this electric dirt bike for kids is bit high but in return, you purchase a dirt bike which can be used for years.
The purpose of putting this dirt bike on our top and best dirt bikes for little kids is its speed, design, features, and level of safety. If you are concern about all these and looking for a dirt bike for your kid which can be last for years then this is an ideal product.
Dirt Bike For Kids Below 12
Design: The design of this bike has been inspired from the real dirt bike which you have seen in the gaming zone. The body of this bike has been made from really high quality steel due to which the weight of this bike is little heavy but still comfortable for the kids.
- The steel of this bike made it durable. Due to its design and durable material, it is also very easy to clean this bike.
Assemblage: There isn’t much assembly required to bring this bike into operation. As it is an electronic dirt bike, which means that it comes to ready to use condition except you need to bit little accessories only which are not really required to make this bike ready to use.
Speed and battery: This is an advanced dirt bike for the kids who are above 12. The maximum speed you can reach is up to 17 miles per hour (yes you read it right).
- This has been possible due to a strong body of this bike. You don’t need to wait for much to ride this bike as it can be fully charged within 40 minutes which is very short time as compared to other dirt bikes for little kids as generally, they took hours to charge.
Safety: This is an advanced dirt bike for the kids which mean that it is not ideal for the beginners. The kids who know how to ride a bike, good in balancing the bike and have the experience to ride the dirt biking should have it.
Razor MX650 17 MPH Steel Electric Dirt Rocket
- Made of very strong material
- Battery gets charged in 40 minutes
- Required very less regular maintenance
- Get up to 17 miles per hour speed
- High torque and twist grip control.
- It is not ideal for beginners
- Price of this bike is bit high.